The Czech broadcaster Česká televize (ČT) received 300 songs, and in January the potential artists were shortlisted in January to five singers. A jury had the task to internally find the Czech entry, with the members:
- Martin Kumžák (conductor and composer)
- Jiří Škorpík (singer, producer and composer and member of 4TET)
- Michal Dvořák (founder of the group Lucie and composer
- Michal Pavlíček (composer and singer)
- Ota Balage (musician, composer, conductor and member of the group BSP)
Martina's song has not been released yet, but yesterday the Head of Delegation for the Czech Republic confirmed that the song will be in English.
Martina Bárta is an upcoming jazz singer and has been part of many jazz groups. She is now singer in the German jazz band "4 To The Bar".
Hope never died for the Czechs, and in 2016 they qualified for the Grand Final for the first time. Gabriela Gunčíková's song "I Stand" was the first Czech song in a Eurovision Grand Final.