Four finalists competed in the final, and in the end it was Imri Ziv who got most votes. Imri Ziv was a backing singer for Israel at Eurovision Song Contest 2015 and 2016.
Imri's Eurovision song will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
Rising Star 2017 – Result
Tonight's final was divided into two parts:
Round 1: Duels
In the first round two participants competed against each other in two duels:
Imri Ziv (79%) – Beatbox Element
Diana Golbi (83%) – Julietta (54%)
The winner of each duel proceeded to the second sound. together with number three (Julietta). Beatbox Element was eliminated.
Round 2: Final
The winner of round 2 and Rising Star 2017 was the one who got the highest score:
- Imri Ziv (74%)
- Diana Golbi (67%)
- Julietta (58%)
Rising Star 2017 – הכוכב הבא לאירוויזיון
The talent show The Next Star for Eurovision (הכוכב הבא לאירוויזיון) in Israel, or known as "Rising Star" international, is an interactive song contest. The winner of the show will represent Israel in Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv.
- Aspiring artists were invited to perform in front of a jury.
- After the song, the jury decided if the song would go to the next level.
- Contestants who did move forward to the next level then sang in front of an audience.
- Through an app the viewers voted for the song in real time, if it should pass or fail.
Rising Star 2017 – Schedule
- 2 January 2017: Auditions
- 3 January 2017: Auditions
- 9 January 2017: Auditions
- 16 January 2017: Auditions
- 24 January 2017: Auditions
Eight artists were selected by the judges to proceed to the quarter-final
- 30 January 2017: Quarter-final (part 1)
- 31 January 2017: Quarter-final (part 2)
The top-6 qualified to the semi-final
- 6 February 2017: Semi-final (part 1)
- 7 February 2017: Semi-final (part 2)
The top-4 qualifies to the final
- 13 February 2017: Final
Israel has participated 39 times in Eurovision since debut in 1973. They have won the contest three times:
• 1978: Izhar Cohen and the Alphabeta - "Abanibi"
• 1979: Milk and Honey - "Hallelujah"
• 1998: Dana International - "Diva"
Israel has never ended last in the contest! Since the introduction of semi-finals in 2004, Israel qualified for the Grand Final 7 out of 13 times.