Tonight ten songs competed in the second heat, where only four songs qualified to the Semi-final. First the public televoters decided that Markus Riva and MyRadiantU will proceed. Secondly the jury selected Samanta Tīna and Marta Ritova to proceed in Supernova.
Supernova 2016 – Heat 2
Madara Grēgere – "You and I" Crow Mother – "Demons"
- Samanta Tīna – "The love is forever" (Jury)
- Markus Riva – "I can" (Televote)
- MyRadiantU – "We will be stars" (Televote)
Mārtiņš Ruskis – "Still holding stars" Dvines – "Set it on fire"
- Marta Ritova – "Not from this world" (Jury)
Miks Dukurs – "Paradise" Iluta Alsberga – "On hold"
All Sundays in February are Supernova Sundays:
7 February 2016: Supernova Heat 1 (10 competitors, 4 qualifiers) 14 February 2016: Supernova Heat 2 (10 competitors, 4 qualifiers)
- 21 February 2016: Supernova Semi-final (8 competitors, 4 qualifiers)
- 28 February 2016: Supernova Final (4 competitors, 1 winner)
The qualifiers in the heats and in the semi-final are determined by an expert jury and by public televoting. First the public televoters choose 2 songs to proceed, second the jury selects additional two songs to proceed in Supernova. In the Final it is solely public televoting that decides who the winner is.
The winner of Supernova 2016 will represent Latvia in Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm.
The jury consists of:
- Kaspars Roga – Member of "Brainstorm" (Latvia 2000)
- Ieva Kerēvica – Singer and vocal teacher
- Intars Busulis – Singer (Latvia 2009)
- Guntars Račs – Musician, songwriter and producer
Supernova 2016 is hosted by Ketija Šēnberga and Toms Grēviņš.
Latvia appeared in Eurovision Song Contest in 2000, and since the debut, the country has participated every year (16 times) in the contest. The best result was in 2002, where Latvia won Eurovision Song Contest with the song "I Wanna" by Marie N. The last seven years Latvia only managed to qualify for the Grand Final last year (Aminata Savadogo - "Love Injected") - three of the years they went last in their semi-finals!