17 songs will compete, only 10 will qualify to Saturday's Grand Final. The show starts at 21:00 CET, live from Wiener Stadthalle in Vienna, Austria. Hosts are Alice Tumler, Mirjam Weichelbraun and Arabella Kiesbauer. On Saturday the Grand Final kicks off with 27 songs.
Lineup Semi-final 2
Opening & Interval
The show begins without any big opening act, but with a short look back on what happened in Semi-final 1. The green room is placed in the back of the Arena, with an isle though the audience up to the stage. Each of the contestants in Semi-final 2 are introduced by Conchita, and they walk from the green room up to the stage. The three hosts talks about the voting procedure in English and French. And now it's time for the first song on stage: Lithuania.
After a quick recap of all the songs, the voting lines are open. Conchita chats with some of the contestants. There's a video about some famous Austrians and how much Eurovision has been influenced by Austrians
- The 10 songs with most points will qualify to the Grand Final
- Each of the 17 countries participating in Semi-final 2 will vote
- The pre-qualified countries Australia, Germany, Italy and United Kingdom will broadcast and vote in Semi-final 2
- Each country gives 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,10 and 12 points
- The voting will not be revealed before the Grand Final has finished on Saturday
- Only the 10 qualified songs will be revealed in random order
- Televoters and national juries have 50/50 weight in the voting
- The national juries voted yesterday evening (Wednesday, 20 May) based on the second dress-rehearsal