Every year the host city creates an open Eurovision Village in the central of the city, where all the fans, locals, journalists and participants can experience the special Eurovision atmosphere. It is filled with activities, music, dancing and festivities, and everyone have access to the area. There will be lots of entertainments with live appearances by the competitors and special guests from the big stage. The live shows from the Arena will also be broadcasted at the Eurovision Village.
Programme for Eurovision Village 2015
We will update the programme with more events when revealed. Stay tuned!
Sunday 17 May
- 18:00 - Opening ceremony
All 40 delegations will proceed via a 200 meter-long red carpet that runs from the Ringstrasse via City Hall Square and the big stage to City Hall, where they will be received by Vienna's mayor.
Monday 18 May
- 17:00 - Live performances by ESC 2015 participants
- 18:00 - BBC show: "Eurovision Song Contest's Greatest Hits"
- 19:30 - Opening fashion show
International fashion show "Fashion for Europe" with designers from the participating countries, including Lena Hoschek (Austria), Atelier Michalsky (Germany), Ivana Helsinki (Finland), Calzedonia (Italy) and many more.
- "60 Years of the Song Contest"
The cover band "The Bad Powells" sings winning titles of the past 60 years with support from Austrian Song Contest legends such as Thomas Forstner and Duo Mess.
Tuesday 19 May
- 13:30 - Eurovision Song Contest Summer Quiz
- 19:00 - Performances by Austrian national finalists Zoe and Celina Ann
- 21:00 - Public viewing of Semi-final 1
Austria's preliminary round finalists Zoe and Celina Ann get everyone in the mood right before the live broadcast of the first semi-final.
Wednesday 20 May
- 12:30 - Semi-final 1 will be repeated on the big screen
- 17:00 - Live performances of the "Big 5" entries (France, Italy, the UK, Germany, Spain)
- 21:00 - Tribute to Udo Jürgens
Udo Jürgens performer Andy Rühl presents a tribute show in honor of the 1966 Austrian ESC winner who died in 2014.
Thursday 21 May
- 16:30 - Live performances by ESC 2015 participants
- 18:30 - Performance by the Austrian contestant "The Makemakers"
- 21:00 - Public viewing of Semi-final 2
Friday 22 May
- 12:30 - Semi-final 2 will be repeated on the big screen
- "Conchita – Queen of Austria"
- 16:00 - Conchita Wurst lookalike contest
- 19:00 - Israelic dancegroup "Euroflash"
Dances with the choreographies of popular Eurovision hits.
Saturday 23 May
- 19:00 - Female's best of Song Contest – Monika Ballwein and guests
- Live show, public viewing of the Grand Final – including the announcement of the Austrian votes directly from the village