Finland: UMK Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu Stage

Finland: Here are the songs for UMK 2021

All the seven songs for Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2021 have been released by the Finnish broadcaster YLE. Listen to the songs, and vote in our poll: Who wins UMK 2021?

The seven artists for Finland's national selection for Eurovision 2021, Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu (UMK) were revealed last week.

All the seven songs have now been released, and in one month we will know the winner of the tenth edition of Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu.

Tapio Hakanen, the Head of Music at YleX and chair of UMK’s jury of professionals, stated that the selection of artists and songs for 2021 is "the best we've ever seen and heard":

– This year, a versatile group of artists, from veritable legends and chart toppers to new and upcoming performers, will all compete for the opportunity to represent Finland at the ESC, says Tapio Hakanen.

UMK 2021 – Songs

Aksel – "Hurt"
Blind Channel – "Dark Side"
Danny – "Sinä päivänä kun kaikki rakastaa mua"
Ilta – "Kelle mä soitan"
Laura – "Play"
Oskr – "Lie"
Teflon Brothers & Pandora – "I Love You"

Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2021

Finland will select their Eurovision 2021 representative on 20 February however, due the COVID-19 pandemic, no audience will be attending the final in Tampere.

Finland uses Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu as their national selection for the tenth time this year.

The winner will be chosen jointly by Finnish television viewers and an international UMK panel. The public will account for 75% of the vote and the panel for the remaining 25%.

Last year the contest was won by Aksel Kankaanranta with his song Looking Back. After the contest was cancelled.

Finland in Eurovision Song Contest

Finland 2018: Saara Aalto - "Monsters"

Finland debuted in the Eurovision Song Contest in 1961 and has participated ever since, except for six years, mostly because of previous years' bad position.

Finland 2018: Saara Aalto - "Monsters"

The country has won the competition once, in 2006 with the song Hard Rock Hallelujah, performed by Lordi.

Since then Finland's best result is 11th place in 2014.

Since the introductions of semi-finals in 2004, Finland has qualified for the Grand Final half of the 16 times.

Eurovision News